Founded in 2008, Farnham Local Food is a community-run local agriculture project supported almost entirely by volunteer labour. We currently have land at Runfold and Dippenhall. Our aim is to provide fresh, locally grown vegetables for people in and around the Farnham, Surrey, England area.
The project was started because it was felt that there was a need and a niche for the kind of lifestyle that maintained a healthier attitude towards fresh produce and the production behind it. Here’s some of the things we are proud of:
• We care about the environment and are proud that our produce has virtually no food miles which means we are doing our bit to preserve our planet.
• Our vegetables are the freshest in town, being picked on the same day they are collected.
• Same-day freshness guarantees that our veg maintain valuable nutrients which are lost in mass produced supermarket veg that has travelled for miles to reach your table.
• Freshness equals taste – the fresher the veg the tastier they are.
• We aim to maintain a fair comparison price with supermarkets organically grown produce.
• Although not certified organic, we use organic practices to grow our veg which means everything is free of pesticides.
• Over and above producing, we are a community group that is run almost entirely by volunteers. Anyone who joins has the opportunity to actively help out with the scheme. There are a wide variety of tasks ranging from participating with outside maintenance such as growing/sewing crops, clearing land, watering, harvesting to getting involved in the running for example; marketing and general administration, although this is not a pre-requisite for joining. We have many volunteers who help and they do so for different reasons: To teach their children about how food gets on the table, to learn about growing veg for themselves, to join part of a community group, to make friends and much more.
We currently have places within our scheme if you would like to receive our produce weekly. There are a three different sizes of share available at very competitive prices, please refer to our veg shares page for more information.
As with all community projects we always need more help in all areas of our scheme. If you think FLF is something you may enjoy being part of then come along and see us. All ages; all abilities; everyone is welcome. We hope to see you there.
Please contact us to find out more.